Delicious Low FODMAP Coconut Banana Pancakes
Sep 02, 2019
Eating a low FODMAP diet does not have to bland, boring or difficult. Although admittedly, it does take some adjustments and planning to wrap your head around what to eat. But here at The IBS
Academy, we are dedicated to making this as simple as possible.
Here is a sneak peak at one of our favourite recipes in our Low FODMAP Gut Restore Recipe Book.
This recipe can makes 2 servings, and be easily doubled for the whole family.
Low FODMAP Coconut Banana Pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Pure maple syrup (optional)
- Fresh berries or sliced banana (optional)
- Place banana in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Whisk in eggs and almond milk.
- Sprinkle coconut flour and baking powder into banana mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Set aside for a few minutes, and then whisk again. Resting the batter gives the coconut flour time to absorb moisture from the wet ingredients.
- Add half of the coconut oil into a large wide frying pan and place over medium heat. To make pancakes scoop ¼ cup of the batter into the pan for each pancake, adding no more than 3 into the pan at a time to avoid overcrowding.
- Cook pancakes for 3 minutes, or until the top of the pancake bubbles all around, and the edges become golden. Flip, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, or until cooked through. Repeat this process until all the batter is used up.
- Serve pancakes topped pure maple syrup and berries or sliced bananas, or a combination.
For more of these delicious recipes, sign up for the 12-week Gut Restore Program to help guide you through the dietary, lifestyle and necessary steps to restore your gut health!
In best of health,
The IBS Academy
Get Access to the Quick and Simple Guide To Help Support Bloating, IBS & SIBO
Feel better with IBS & SIBO. A simple guide to reduce bloating, improve gut motility and boost energy so you can start getting relief today.